FloridaRegionFJMC.org wants YOUR Men’s Club or Brotherhood to achieve the honor of earning an FJMC Torch Award. The purpose of a Torch Award is to encourage the development of innovative programming, recognize those clubs that develop quality programming, build community, and support the growth and development of their clubs. Bring international recognition to your club today by creating and documenting your innovative programs.
There is no need for your Men’s Club or Brotherhood to recreate the wheel; you can discover ideas from hundreds of previous Torch Award winners at https://www.fjmc.org/torch-awards-overview. Create your unique and innovative programming either by significantly altering and enhancing a previous program idea or by creating a new novel program. FJMC Torch Awards are granted for innovative, adapted or enhanced program development in many different categories, including:
• Club Administration – publicity, membership enhancement, leadership training, etc.
• Community Outreach – programs that donate time and/or resources to benefit the community
• Educational Programming – programs focused on learning in an area outside of other categories, whether for youth or adults
• FJMC Other – FJMC programs which are not included in the other torch award categories
• Fundraising – programs which involve your club and community in raising funds
• Health and Wellness – programs that promote physical and mental health
• Hearing Men’s Voices – innovative formats or topics which engage new members in ongoing sessions; integrating into other synagogue activities; or formation of new HMV groups in other communities
• Israel / Masorti – programs that promote Israeli or Masorti causes worldwide
• Jewish Observance – programs that encourage, promote, and develop Jewish observance
• Joint Programming – programs run between local, regional, national, or international clubs
• Keruv – trained lay/professional partnerships which welcome interfaith men and women into our synagogues and family life
• Men’s Club Shabbat – programs which engage members as Shabbat leaders and grow your club • Programming for Younger Men, 39 and younger – when we reach out to younger men, we strengthen our abilities
• Shomrei Ha’aretz – programs that promote and address environmental concerns
• Synagogue Service Project – programs to support specific needs of the congregation
• World Wide Wrap – we lead by example and teach through innovative engagement using all media, method and spirit
• Yom HaShoah Yellow Candle – programs which distribute Yellow Candles and encourage remembrance
• Family And Youth Programming – programs which engage families, and or congregation youth from pre-school through high school
• COVID-19 – New or adapted programs that are innovatively produced in the face of COVID-19
• Best Overall Activities – high standard of a full year’s activities.
Applications to earn an FJMC Torch Award for your Club or Brotherhood’s outstanding programs and activities and will be posted by FJMC shortly. In the interim, please be sure to review information about and criteria for 2021 FJMC Torch Awards https://www.fjmc.org/torch-awards-overview.
This message is brought to you by the Florida Region of the Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs. We serve the needs of Jewish Men’s Clubs and Brotherhoods throughout the State of Florida. If you are not yet affiliated with the Federation, then today is the day to join us.
Get to know more about the FJMC Florida Region and our growing statewide network of Jewish Men’s Clubs and Brotherhoods at www.FloridaRegionFJMC.org and please visit and LIKE our Florida Region FJMC Facebook Group at www.facebook.com/FloridaRegionFJMC.