The Secret to Member Retention
The secret to a successful Jewish Men’s Club or Brotherhood is member retention. There are many things that your Men’s Club or Brotherhood can do to increase member retention. Here are a few ideas:
- Create a sense of community. One of the most important things that a Men’s Club or Brotherhood can do to keep members coming back is to create a sense of community. This means providing opportunities for members to get to know each other, socialize and support each other. Some ways to do this include hosting social events, organizing volunteer opportunities, and creating a welcoming and inclusive environment.
- Offer a variety of activities and events. Another way to keep members engaged is to offer a variety of activities and events that appeal to different interests. This could include anything from educational lectures and workshops to social gatherings and sporting events. The more options you offer, the more likely you are to find something that everyone enjoys.
- Make it easy to stay connected. In today’s digital age, it’s important to make it easy for members to stay connected with your Men’s Club or Brotherhood. This could involve creating a website or social media page, sending out regular newsletters or even just having a phone number or email address that members can use to reach out.
- Don’t forget to follow up. Remember to follow up on your members for their annual “membership dues”. Some of your members may need a gentle reminder to renew their financial support for your Club. Also over time some of your members may lost interest or move out of the area and see little reason to continue to pay “membership dues”. Consider asking these members to become “angels” and maintain their annual “contribution” to help support the good work of your Men’s Club or Brotherhood does.
- Listen to feedback and make changes. No Club is perfect and it’s important to be open to feedback and constructive criticism from your current or prospective members. If you hear that there are things that your Club could be doing better, then be willing to listen and make changes. This will show members that you value their input and that you are committed to making your Men’s Club a better place for everyone.
By following these tips, you can maintain and grow a Jewish Men’s Club or Brotherhood that members are proud to be a part of.
This message is brought to you by the Florida Region of the Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs (FJMC). We are part of a global confederation of over 200 Jewish Men’s Clubs and Brotherhoods representing over 20,000 members across the United States, Canada, Latin America, and beyond. Learn more about how your Jewish Men’s Club or Brotherhood can affiliate with the FJMC at: https://www.fjmc.org/content/affiliating-fjmc.
The Florida Region of FJMC serves the needs of affiliated Men’s Clubs and Brotherhoods throughout the State of Florida. Get to know more about the FJMC Florida Region and our growing network of Jewish Men’s Clubs and Brotherhoods at www.floridaregionfjmc.org and please visit and LIKE our Florida Region FJMC Facebook Group at www.facebook.com/FloridaRegionFJMC.