Israel is the homeland of the Jewish people. Jews are connected to our homeland spiritually, physically and psychologically. In most of our communities there is no community-based organization, whose primary function is to educate about and promote Israel.
The primary Jewish organization in any community is the synagogue.
The FJMC is witnessing in many Jewish communities a lack of knowledge and diminishing commitment to the survivability of Israel. We dedicate ourselves to assisting our membership in leading their communities in three (3) primary ways.
- Make our communities aware of Israel’s history
- Keep our friends informed of current events
- Assist our friends to advocate for Israel
Please help us help others in raising the public’s consciousness about the modern miracle of Israel. To find out more about any of these ways, click on the links above or below.
Current FJMC Israel Programming Initiatives Include:
- Current Crisis in Israel – see the weekly ToolKit.
- Israel on My Mind – Every week we invite a member of the FJMC to share a “reflection” on some aspect of your thoughts, experience or feelings about Israel. It can be a memory, something current or even something forward thinking. We ask that you please keep it short, 300 words or less or even a few paragraphs and that you stay away from politics. And it is entirely acceptable to make it about you and Israel. Please send your submission, which may be edited, to Karl Rubin – email@example.com and Lisa Pollack – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercaz – MERCAZ USA is the American Zionist Organization of the Conservative Movement. It promotes and supports Zionist education and programs within our Movement, and it represents the interest of Conservative/Masorti Judaism in the World Zionist Organization and in the Jewish Agency for Israel, the international bodies which serve as the parliament of the Jewish people. Go to https://www.mercazusa.org/ for more information.
- Israel Focused Speakers and Webinars – (Provide a link to our Affinity Groups and Webinars)
- Israel Torch Awards – see this site for more info.
- Israel-Centered Hearing Men’s Voices (HMV)
For more information please contact Karl B. Rubin – Israel Programming Chairman at email@example.com
To learn more about how your Men’s Club or Brotherhood can engage in FJMC’s Israel Advocacy activities, visit: https://fjmc.org/israel-advocacy/.
This Florida Region of the Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs stands with Israel. We are part of a confederation of over 200 Jewish Men’s Clubs and Brotherhoods representing over 20,000 members across the United States, Canada, Latin America, and beyond. Learn more about how your Jewish Men’s Club or Brotherhood can affiliate with the FJMC at: https://fjmc.org/for-clubs/affiliating-with-the-fjmc/.
The Florida Region of FJMC serves the needs of affiliated Men’s Clubs and Brotherhoods throughout the State of Florida. Get to know more about the FJMC Florida Region and our growing network of Jewish Men’s Clubs and Brotherhoods at www.floridaregionfjmc.org and please visit and LIKE our Florida Region FJMC Facebook Group at www.facebook.com/FloridaRegionFJMC.